Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I want a new tag: ILD

Interactive Lesson Design.

I want to use the power of the global network to share ideas about Interactive Lesson Design. The broad notion of Interactive Lesson Design takes us beyond the hardware and software - it goes to the peopleware. Interactive lesson design is a concept dependent on teachers and students creating, collaborating, analyzing and synthesizing using formative assessment and student-centered activities that give students a leadership role in their own learning. Interactive Lesson Design brings concepts behind 21st Century teaching and learning into the daily classroom.

As you twitter, blog, skype about your interactive white board lessons or ideas, if you are getting at the heart of the matter - the student engagement in the learning process, use the ILD tag. How about it?

3 comments:

Patricia DeVries said...

Barbara, I would like to follow this blog. I am presently completing a course in cooperative/collaborative learning. I have had students working in groups for a project, but the techniques that I have learned has them 'take charge' of their learning. More later.

Barbara Peskin, M. Ed. said...

Hi Pat,
Thanks for visiting.
I'm interested in learning more about your course and hearing your outcomes on the students take charge project.

Thanks!

Suzanne said...

What a great idea! Thanks for the tag label. I'll start using it right away.